Monday 16 March 2015

Canadian Household Debt – How Do You Stack Up?

Earlier in February, the McKinsey Global Institute released a report regarding debt and global economies, and after surveying 47 countries, listed seven with ‘potential vulnerabilities’ when it comes to household debt. Among these seven is Canada, and the report argues that this Canadian household debt could prove disastrous, leading to further financial instability and a consumer spending slowdown.

A recent Globe and Mail article touched on this report, stating that “As Canada’s economy begins to slow, the country’s growing household debt burden is raising new concerns as it outpaces that of most developed countries. In fact, Canada had the second-biggest jump in household debt-to-income ratios of any country other than Greece between 2007 and the second quarter of 2014.”

You can view the entire report here.

For many Canadians, this report likely does not come as a shock - a vast majority carry consumer debt loads that are significant. Canadian household debt has become a major source of stress for many individuals and families alike, leading either to a cut in consumer spending (which the report suggested as a potential outcome), placing some financial responsibilities before others, or both.

If you find yourself in the Canadian household debt camp that is not so much swimming as treading water, it might be time to consider some alternatives. A debt consolidation, consumer proposal or bankruptcy can be a lifesaver when it comes to getting your finances back on track and eliminating financial stress from your life.

Tired of being part of these startling statistics? DebtCare can help. Call us today to find out about the options available to help lower your consumer and household debt: 1-888-890-0888.

1 comment:

  1. HOW I BECAME A VICTOR AFTER SO MANY FAILED ATTEMPT OF GETTING A LOAN.

    I feel so blessed and fulfilled. I've been reluctant in applying for a loan i heard about online because everything seems too good to be true, but i was convinced & shocked when my friend at my place of work got a loan from COLLINS GUZMAN FUNDING'S & we both confirmed it and i also went ahead to apply, today am a proud owner of my company and making money for my family and a happy mom. As a single mom with three kids it was hard to get a job that could take care of me and my kids and I had so much bills to pay and to make it worst I had bad credit so i couldn't obtain a loan from any bank. I had an ideal to start a business as an hair stylist but had no capital to start, tried all type of banks but didn't work out until I was referred by my co-worker to a godsent lender advertising to give a loan at 2% interest rate. I sent them a mail using their official email address (collinsguzmanfundings@gmail.com) and I got a reply immediately and my loan was approved, and I was directed to the Bank site where I withdrawed my loan directly to my account. To cut the story short am proud of my hair stylist company and promise to testify to the world how my life was transformed.. If you are in need of any kind of loan, i advise you contact Collins Guzman Funding's and be financially lifted Email: collinsguzmanfundings@gmail.com OR Call/Text +1 (786) 598-8751

    ReplyDelete